The Printupy Desktop 3D printer - a standalone complete system with modern 3D printing technology - designed and made in Germany. This 3D printer is the quintessence of the state-of-the-art technology - a professional desktop accessory.
New: Control elements are integrated in the housing
New: complete closed housing with elegant bended acrylic glass parts
New: E3D-v6 hotends for best performance
- 3 completely independent axes.
- Rigid aluminium frame in timeless design.
- Controlled by steppermotor driven T2.5 timing belts for highest printing precision.
- Screw-on linear bearings for extra precision.
- Two precisely manufactured fullmetall 3D printheads type E3D-v6
- Lasercut mirror finish acrylic glass housing.
- CNC made gears for maximum loads.
- comfortable exchangeable printplate.
- Core: An autonomous Echinus Board with SD-card-slot and an elegant Echinus Vision contoller
- Integrated high-performance powersupply.
- Heated printbed with smooth glass surface.
- 3 optical endstops for highest calibration accuracy of the printing origin.
- All wires disappear inside the smooth acrylic housing.
- USB stick with clearly presented manual and pre-configured software.
- Mini USB cable .
- non-heating apparatus cable.
- Innovative filamentspoolholder.
- LxWxH: 420mm x 420mm x 700mm
- Huge printing dimensions: 105mm x 180mm x 220mm (X,Y,Z)
- Filament diameter: 3mm
- Materials: PLA, soft-PLA, ABS, Laywoo-D3, Nylon, PET, PVA, TPE and many more
- Maximum print speed: 100 mm/s
- Minimal layer thickness: 50 µm
- Nozzle orifices: 0.4mm
- Weight: 13kg
- Powersupply: AC 230V, 50-60 Hz
- Supported file format: STL (stereo lithography)
- Input: directly via USB or independent from the PC with a SD-card
Advantages of a timing belt driven Z-axis:
Most 3D printer systems use a lead screw or a threaded rod as drive for the Z-axis. Backlash and imbalances causes errors in X- and Y-direction when moving the Z-axis. These errors are visible as a vertical pattern on the printed object.
More about this in our blog (in german).
When using two timing belts as attachment for the Z-axis these errors can be cleverly avoided. Consequently the Z-axis is nearly error free, thus the layers of a printed object sit perfectly on top of each other.
Advantages of a DualX 3D printer:
In many cases dual 3D printers work with two printheads on one carriage. While one nozzle prints, the second print head might scratch on the freshly printed layers or drop unwanted plastic into the printed object.
DualX allows to handle this problem very smartly: Using two completely independent X-carriages allows this 3D printer to park one printhead besides the printbed, while the other one is printing. As soon as the first printhead has finished its layer, the printheads change their positions and the second prints, while the first one parks. Poor scratch marks or plastic drops don't even occur.
You can find more information about the Printupy 3D printer on our wiki.